Originally Posted by Pappy348
I should be able to do 200 with my Knight, but wouldn't try it until I can try it on paper. Longest shot fom my current stand is 158, according to Google Earth.

BH209 factory data shows bullets in the 290-300gr range at around 2100fps with 120gr (vol) or 84gr (by weight).

Question is, how's that gonna feel on my end of the 7lb rifle?

Wonder if they consider a 9.3x74 a straight-wall case?

And therein lies my beef with fish&game dept.'s that rule in favor of shotguns/muzzle loaders only for deer in highly populated or flat country, such as the eastern half of Maryland. Such impressive performance as you describe Pappy overshadows Ye Olde .30-30 yet is considered "safer" than such. Said regulations were instituted by well meaning Natural Resource boffins a couple generations ago, and not altogether wrong in doing so. Little did they imagine the ingenuity of man when it comes to arms races- and now we see the results. Small wonder I do all my hunting in western Maryland where such regs don't exist.

Ohio did well to change up. I'm glad for all the folks out there who may now employ better weaponry. But I still wonder which is worse- a 400grain .45 caliber bullet crashing through my picture window, or a 150 grain .30 caliber? Seems kinda arbitrary and based on fake science, but I'm willing to listen to their reasoning.

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty