No windage adjustment on a '96. They were generally so well made that everything lined up pretty well right out of the chute. The couple I had over the years shot pretty dammed close to center, such that I didn't worry about it. I do know of guys who substituted M1898, 1899,1901 sights (all of which are adjustable for windage) onto their '96's- same screw hole patterns- and kept the original '96 sights for posterity should they wanted to put the guns back to originality. The possible bugabear in doing that may mean different handguards too, as they changed as the sights changed.

An alternative approach, which I did on two of my cut-down sporters, is to remove the barrel rear sight and substitute either a Pacific or Redfield No-Drill receiver sight, both of which work slickly (I did one of each). The Rice peep sight which mounted on the bolt sleeve was another no-drill option. All of those sights are things of the past but still turn up on ebay with frequency and aren't in the stratosphere price-wise, yet. I went with the Cadillac of Krag receiver sights, the Lyman 48K, on my current sporter- but that's not necessarily an option for an original military Krag as it requires two holes to be drilled and tapped in the receiver.

You're only about the 2 millionth person to contemplate Krag sighting issues over the last 120 years. An honorable club to belong to!

"You can lead a man to logic, but you cannot make him think." Joe Harz
"Always certain, often right." Keith McCafferty