Originally Posted by Rock Chuck
Originally Posted by Zerk
Lots of cool stuff out west. But can you draw a tag or just buy over the counter, and hunt every year? Nce thing about deer, is you just buy the tag.

I understand protecting resources, but having to wait years, is alot of years not hunting. If you had the money and time, you would be trying all the states lottos.

In Idaho, yes. If you fail to draw deer or elk, there are lots of OTC tags available although you might have to drive farther to hunt.

I wouldn't want to live in a state I couldn't hunt every year.

The idea of having different zones is a western thing, other than bear. But around here it is common to have a camp, you hunt out of it every year. It is something I really enjoy. I do get the pleasure of hunting different areas.

For me, I'd want to be able to hunt deer every year, and apply for tags. Maybe if I got something else I wouldn't hunt for deer. But I would probably go visit family for atleast a weekend or so.

Even with bear being by zone, residents in good zones can get late period pretty much every year, maybe earlier. Every other or so for earlier.

I do get the idea of it being a thrill to hunt something you don't get to hunt every year. I want to do it myself. I think I should just move out west for a few years, on contract, and hunt a bit.