As long as he stays away from the South side of town he should be golden. I grew up in the Southside back in the 60s and 70s when it was just the poorer area to live but things have really changed since then. Now I would estimate 75% of all crime takes place there. I still visit there alot since most of my childhood friends still live there.Not uncommon to hear random gunfire after dark. I never go there unarmed. Truthfully, if he is Anglo, and is not street wise around the SBs*, they will eat him alive. These MFers who are ruthless and have no respect for life commit their crimes and haul a$$ across the border, which is less than an hour away, and wait for the coast to clear and come back to start all over again. The other 80% of Tucson is absolutely great. PM me and I will give you my phone no. and we can talk.

* (SBs) We call them Scratch Backs since we have no river to cross they all go through the fence

(Full Disclosure) Our government says I'm latino but I was born in America, served in our armed forces, pay my taxes, am a proud card carrying Republican and I hate those Cockroaches

George

Dad always said, "Nadie Nacio Ensenado" (No One Was Born Taught)