The old stuff ( mag chloride) is fairly caustic on rims. Supposedly the new Rimguard, made out of beet pulp is not,but it is a sticky messy thing. I don't know the temp rating on it. The good thing is that weighs about 11# per gallon instead of 8 or so.I had mine filled with Windshield Wiper fluid.Not as caustic,easier to do and it's good to probably 10 below. Around here, Rimguard is about $350 to fill two rear tires of the small tractor. Windshield Wiper fluid ran me about $225. Nobody close is doing then mag. chloride

Extra rear weight sure helps when lifting heavier loads with a bucket,but real heavy loads ,you still need some kind of implement on the back to act as a counterbalance. I put my balde on and add 100 pounds of lead bricks.

I'm not sure how much extra traction it gives. It doesn't seem like much, I rely on chains in the winter. I suspect heavy bolt on wheel weights would add more.

A lot of hobby farmers around here have the industrial tires on their smaller tractor. I opted for ag tires with more aggressive tread

If God wanted you to walk and carry things on your back, He would not have invented stirrups and pack saddles