Living out where I do I can and do carry what ever I feel like every day, but most times around the home I wear something that is more of a "hunting/outdoorsmans" gun. Large revolvers in 357, 44 or 45 sometimes. Sometimes a Ruger 22 auto, or a full size 45 or 9MM auto. It just what I feel like, on whatever day I choose, unless I have some specific purpose in mind for that day.

However, as much as I love my handguns ,and I do carry every day, I am always within about 10-15 seconds max of a semi-auto rifle, usually a 308, but often it's a 223 or 7.62X39. At night I can grab my rifle as fast or faster then I can get my handgun. The handgun stays on my belt inside my pants, sometimes 4 to 6 feet away, but the rifle is 1 foot from my headboard.

On warm days when I go to town, a rifle will stay in the truck, but if I am going into public buildings and stores I carry a small 45 ACP most times, because it hides easier then my large frame revolvers or full size autos.

In the winter it becomes less of an issue here because it's cold, and the long coats I wear hide anything I want to carry just fine, up to and including a 6.5" 44 mag.