Originally Posted by Mule Deer
las,

With my present batches of H4350 and IMR4451, the 4451 is slightly faster-burning, but not much. In my 7x57 I use 46.0 grains of H4350 with 160-grain bullets, and with 4451 get the same results with 45.5. Have had similar results in other rounds, so they're pretty close--close enough that some lots may get exactly the same results, or H4350 might be slightly faster burning than 4451.

Alright, John. How about a new list of your favorite 4451 recipes for the old 7x57. Inquiring minds, you know.

By the way, I've been goofing around with Hunter and 160-grain Partitions, but have some data for Big Game in loads from 100- to 175-grains. I'm planning to work up some loads using 154-gr SP at around 2600+/- to use on pigs and our dinky deer. The Ramshot powders seem to be more available than just about anything else right now.

"An archer sees how far he can be from a target and still hit it, a bowhunter sees how close he can get before he shoots." It is certainly easy to use that same line of thinking with firearms. -- Unknown