Originally Posted by CarlsenHighway
Originally Posted by AussieGunWriter
Gun Powder and explosives can only be transported in a limited number of ships that are licensed for the task to be as unspecific as I can.
There is potential conflict in the world.
These ships need to remain unknown.

That is all anyone needs to know.

My advice is to treat powder like your booze and stock more than you need.

John

How do people just make stuff up and then write about it with such authority? I mean, honestly.

As a matter of facts, there are none: This is totally untrue. To anyone in shipping it's just absurd.

Moving this type of cargo is a matter of commercial normality. If there are shortages of powder where you live, its just supply and demand. Containers of powder and ammunition, both military and sporting, are shipped around the world as a matter of course on standard container ships. They have only to observe the appropriate IMO standards for sea transport that anyone shipping hairspray or fishmeal does. There are restrictions only in the separation of hazardous cargo, where it can be stowed on the ship, and with some classes, in the timing at when it can be loaded or discharged. None of which impedes its transport around the globe.

If my information is not current then I will not repeat it, but as a Aussie, commenting on an Aussie powder manufacturer exporting a product which would be a target of value in time of conflict, I simply passed on information that was communicated to me. I would also prefer to know what you state is true. It would be a safeguard we could agree to.
John

When truth is ignored, it does not change an untruth from remaining a lie.