Duck hunting has gotten outrageously expensive and that has lead to the decline in access. Those living in the south know that there are good public spots, but they are so run over with yahoos, it'll drive you out of the chase. To get a good private spot, plan on spending way more than it costs to be an out of state combo tag in MT. And honestly, that would be cheap on a mediocre field.

I am lucky to be a member in a longtime club where I'm in a group of guys who hate 'em as bad as I do. I personally try to hunt 20 days of the season, that's getting harder and harder to do, but I will always skip sleep to go kill ducks. 12 AM leave times on Saturday morning to drive 4 hours and get there for shooting time is the norm.

My family of five has eaten over 200 ducks since last season closed. If you don't want to eat it, don't shoot 'em and leave 'em for us.

I kill my share of big game too (those ducks don't last long) and if you have any ability to cook vension, you should be able to properly cook duck meat.