Originally Posted by KFWA
Originally Posted by Sykotik

Lawnmowers, chainsaw, snowblower, 4-wheeler......Well, they had oil in them when I got them.....They still do as far as I know.

that made me laugh

I have a 11 year old Toro with a Kohler engine. Change the oil once a year and grease whatever fitting is has on pulleys and drives.

Never had a thing go wrong with it yet except for a spring rusting.

Quads/Motorcycle, etc., are all once a year with conventional because of the internal clutches and what not

This made me think of Uncle Kenny....

He had a mower from Sears he bought new.... when it was about 22 or 23 years old, was at his house in Ohio.
Kenny said, that he NEVER changed the oil in anything....

was bragging on how his mower hadn't been changed in 23 years... and his 68 VW he communted to work in
hadn't been changed since new and it had over a 100,000 miles on it...

The VW finally rusted out at about 140K, so it was taken to the bone yard..

I was teasing him about being too cheap to spend 75 cents to a dollar on a quart of oil on his mower.
So evidently, he drained it after I left, and changed it for the first time...

A month later, the engine blew....

He called me up as mad as hell... until the day he died, he complained that I had caused his
Lawn Mower to blow up...

I offered to buy him a new mower, but he refused.. I think he liked having something to bitch about...

"Minus the killings, Washington has one of the lowest crime rates in the Country" Marion Barry, Mayor of Wash DC

“Owning guns is not a right. If it were a right, it would be in the Constitution.” ~Alexandria Ocasio Cortez