Originally Posted by Calhoun
Originally Posted by hatari
you DO NOT want another Consititutional Convention, at least not in these times.

Do really want all the BLM and LGBTQ and ANTIFA delegates demanding their issues? Don't think for a moment the Nernie and Hillary crowd won't be pushing an Equal Rights Amendment and 100 other Leftist causes in direct opposition to our current Constitution. No! No! Don't go there.

Name the 26 states that will follow along on those in order for it to be approved by the Convention. If they don't get 26 votes in the Convention, then it doesn't become even a proposed Amendment.

Right now there are 29 state legislatures fully controlled by Republicans.
There are 11 state legislatures fully controlled by Democrats.
There are 10 state legislatures which are split.

So for your worry about having liberal ideas even proposed as an Amendment, the Democrats would have to have every Democrat state vote for an amendment, every split state vote for an Amendment, plus 5 Republican states vote for it.

Republicans have enough votes to kick out any proposed Amendment they like. They'll need 8 of the 10 split states to ratify it before it becomes effective - but we need no Democrat help. The Democrats can't even conceive of passing an Amendment without 16 Republican states needing to ratify it.

Calhoun, you may have missed the part about the schitt storm protests, social unrest, etc? Ole Soros, Schumer and the far left gang (throw in Bernie, too) will see this as his last chance to bang some one world gov't dreams in and I have seen the republicans fold their tents and haul ass too many times, my friend.

In only two words to a constitutional convention - fugg no.

The degree of my privacy is no business of yours.

What we've learned from history is that we haven't learned from it.