Originally Posted by hatari
Dude! While your math is fine, has it escaped you that the GOP controls the WH, House, and Senate and can't get crap done in a unified manner? I don't trust them in the states any more than in DC, and if they phouc up a CC we'd be doomed for eternity. No thanks!

So rather than fixing things, your choice is to be content to sit back and watch it continue to get worse - hopefully slowly, but with no trying to correct things because that introduces "risk"?

Thank goodness they didn't feel that way in 1776.

I'll go with the Convention. Both our states are already on board having passed resolutions to call for one, so I guess you'll just have to wait and see what happens. Maybe you can petition your state rep to try to boycott it if they succeed in calling one - but as I've said before, the chances of calling one is slim to none. The federal politicians have a history of caving under when faced with the possibility of states pushing amendments on them. They know their ability to pillage the treasury will be in danger if it ever happens, so the threat is enough to get them to behave for a few years.

How many federal politicians leave office being worth less than $1 million? Bet it's few and far between.. and the main danger to it is state's taking the power back.

Last edited by Calhoun; 09/19/17.

The Savage 99 Pocket Reference”.
All models and variations of 1895’s, 1899’s and 99’s covered.
Also dates, checkering, engraving.. Find at www.savagelevers.com