In 25 plus years as a PH one of the worst injuries I've ever seen was from a bushbuck that was shot poorly and tracked into thick bush. It decided to come for the PH and tracker. He hit the PH with one horn right into the thigh on the PH. That PH bled so bad the client and I had considered he might actually die. We were hunting in a rather civilized area near the town of Elisrass which had a good hospital at the time for the power plant.

I've seen more then one bush buck and several Nyala charge hunters and PH's over the years. They don't have the same "romantic" DG reputation of the typical DG species. However, they are not to be fooled with when wounded and cornered! Another horrible injury was from a zebra that bit the PH's fingers when he reached to pull the head out of the brush to see the quality of the mane. The Zebra crushed the fingers of his hand so badly they looked like he may lose them. He was fixed up and is still a PH today.

Never underestimate animals that have to fight for survival every single day!

www.huntingadventures.net
Are you living your life, or just paying bills until you die?
When you hit the pearly gates I want to be there just to see the massive pile of dead 5hit at your feet. ( John Peyton)