My family tree has alcohol um, "misuse" problems on both sides.... 30 something years ago they started deposits on beer bottles.... I put a big contractor bag under the sink and started tossing the empties into it.... I was a professional person living in a small town.

It took quit awhile to fill the bag up with empties. While I was walking into the store with the large rattling bag of bottles, looking like Santa headed out on the big night I suddenly started to feel self conscious. The woman counting out the number of returns looked at me "funny"....

I figured the only way to be sure I didn't end up like some of my relatives did was to stop drinking. It really was not a hard thing for me to do. I'm not sure if I would have made the none at all choice if craft micro breweries had been around back then... really good beer is a pleasure for sure.

One thing I have noticed though is that some people should not drink at all... ever. I saw a tee shirt once that said, "Instant jack ass.... just add alcohol". I have been in some hunting camps with people that should have been wearing that shirt as fair warning to others....

I just checked the latest DSM 5 and did not see the "Turns into a flaming jack ass after their first drink" criteria... but it should be....

https://www.niaaa.nih.gov/alcohol-health/overview-alcohol-consumption/alcohol-use-disorders

Please don't feed the trolls!