Originally Posted by kaywoodie
"Johnson wouldn't take a dump or get off the pot"

That's funny Ron. And a bit ironic. Western White House has phones in all the bathrooms right next to crapper!

i am old enough and memory still enough i remember that too. I have never forgiven him for pulling the beagles ears either.
there is a little email chain i am participating in,one of the guys was three years s.f. in the area. The idiocy of trying to fight a conventional war and training viets to do that when it was really an unconventional war is amazing. You think someone would have talked to the british.
He was also trying to micromanage it down to bombing runs and unit actions, thousands of miles away.
I will never stop being bitter about it.
I have a couple of grandkids active duty right now. prior to their entering long conversations about it explaining the past. My comment was it was/is an honorable thing and even tho it might kill me if they were hurt or lost, i could understand it in some ways. But not due to the b.s. management of politicians in washington.
I have a national cemetary not far from my house. And people buried in it. to get to where they are, i have to pass row after row of headstones. The number in quantity that say vietnam is scary. Even those that survived it, had their lives shortened.

Last edited by RoninPhx; 09/20/17.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO