15th, the case is de-primed and re-primed with an F215 Magnum Large Rifle Primer.
[Linked Image]

All 32 manufactured 700 NE cases are now ready to be loaded.

Total paid to others = $660 = $20.65 per case. (+30 hours my machining time = $620 saved over retail)
[Linked Image]

Federal F215 Magnum Large Rifle primer - inserted into the bushing - compared to a 50 BMG primer.
[Linked Image]

Here are the details on how the custom 700NE build was coming along while I was getting the brass ready for loading

As mentioned, the Custom Gunsmith doing this project is Aaron Little, Texas.

Aaron contacted me back in October 2015 in answer to my want ad for a 700NE rifle. He inquired if I would be interested in a custom build. After a brief discussion, the project was started.

background: I had purchased a Larona 10 gauge some time earlier as an intended donor gun for a 600NE custom build project.

[Linked Image]

As it turned out, Ken Buch is an excellent salesman for Verney Carron and he convinced me that I should own a "genuine" 600NE.

Since the Larona was no longer required for the 600NE project, I inquired to Aaron if it would be suitable as a 700NE donor. Aaron asked for some initial measurements and a description of the Larona.

This particular Larona was actually built by a high quality Spanish builder, Pedro Gorosabel, and imported by Frank Clark Jr., Cheyenne, Wyoming, back in 1957. Researching this fine 10 gauge double resulted in the following information being found.

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.