Turning down the barrel outside diameter.
[Linked Image]

With both barrels now in place, Aaron started optimizing the weight for proper balance. To off-set the 28" barrels, 3 pounds was added to the stock, bringing the total weight of the rifle to 18 pounds, with the balance point to just in front of the hinge. With 2 loaded rounds in the chamber, the carrying weight will be a "pleasant" 18-1/2 pounds. As was expected, the original recoil pad could not be removed without damage, so it has been replaced with a new one.
[Linked Image]

As the project continues, the new extractor has been made and fitted, and a new forend hanger has been made and installed.

Next, Aaron will be making the top rib, and installing it, & the bottom rib. Front and rear sights will also be added. Then, he will be refitting the forend wood to match the new barrel contours.

When all this has been completed, the rifle will come back to Wisconsin for my load delelopment and testing. Once the desired load has been established, the rifle goes back to Texas (with 40 rounds of loaded ammo) for regulating. I'm sure Aaron is looking forward to that day. And after regulating, the rifle will receive final finishing.

While Aaron has been busy on his end, I too have been preparing. In addition to manufacturing the 700NE brass, a dummy chamber is in the works to serve as a "go-nogo gauge" so I can check my loaded rounds while waiting for the rifle. Finally, I've purchased an Italian Leather Case, and designed an appropriate Trade Label.

[Linked Image]

For those interested; here is Aaron's contact info:

http://www.facebook.com/profil...p?id=100001646464847

A.M. Little Bespoke Gunmakers LLC
682-554-0044
Michael08TDK@yahoo.com

Here are a few progress pictures that Aaron shared with me to show some details of how the build went.

Here you can see the rib being laid-in using High-force 44 and pine rosin.
[Linked Image]

Here you see making the forend hanger. He leaves them "wide" as not all guns are made with forend iron dead center. When he's further along, he mills the sides to fit.
[Linked Image]

Next he files the correct angle on the hanger face that will drive the forend iron into the action knuckle. You can see here it needs more fitting so that the forend iron drops closer to the barrels.
[Linked Image]

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.