The bullet has a small semi-wadcutter edge which punches a perfect hole in the target.

So .... now I have a continous supply of .700 dia. bullets.

[Linked Image]

I let my son-in-law shoot some of the new bullets, and then I let him try shooting the Woodleigh bullet load. As you can see by his target, he did real good. smile

[Linked Image]

To start mass production of 700NE bullets, I ordered bulk packed in bags of 100 pcs. They are very, very well made. They appear to be cast and drawn. They are very uniform in shape and length, and are much thinner than the other brands of cups I've tried.

[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Since the cups are so umiform, I decided to try a different approach. I modified my mold by removing the original sprue plate and adding a sprue hole to the bullet nose, thereby making it a "nose-pour" mold.

[Linked Image]

By doing this, I was able to place the copper cup directly into the base of the mold, and cast the lead into the cup through the nose. The sprue plate was removed because the cups stick out of the mold slightly. The cups are just large enough in diameter that the mold halves "pinch" together to hold the cup in place during casting. All I have to do is drop the cup into the mold, "tap" it lightly to seat it against the mold's crimping groove, and then squeeze the mold handles together.

[Linked Image]

You never pay too much for something, you only buy it too early.