On my way home from Newfoundland now. Bulls seemed hung up in the timber and calling was less productive than usual for this time of year, Spotted a decent bull at 350 yds and decided to take him. He was walking towards me between a sparsely treed section. I put the crosshairs on him and waited for him to turn. At about 315 yds he quartered towards me and I took aim at the crease behind his shoulder and let a 250 Accubond go. I lost my sight picture for a second but was able to see the bull take a couple of steps towards a dense treeline. I took a quick follow-up shot before he disappeared.
When I got over to the area where he stood I could see that he collapsed within 20 yds. First bullet landed true and entered behind the shoulder and exited between the last 2 ribs on the opposite side. Second shot landed low in the chest and exited.
When I field dressed the moose I found the lungs to be pretty obliterated and blood pooled everywhere. The second shot was definitely not needed but the moose didn't seem to react to the initial impact so I was unsure of the hit at the time.
The 250 Accubond is a very effective bullet on moose size game IMO.