I have had excellent results with Nosler 250 gr partition and Hawk 225 gr bullets. The Hawk bullets performed like bonded core versions. Both bullets
did well in Winchester pre-64 Model 70s in 338-06 and 338 Win magnum. The semi-wildcat 338-06 in the M-70 has the original barrel
which means a riflesmith in Washington State knew his barrel and chamber work. (At least based on the 1 in group it printed today.) Think I have
a lifetime supply of partition bullets.......

That being said, as much as I like the 338-06 and 35 Whelen partition bullets.......

Alaska Bullet Works-Juneau;Woodleigh, and Hawk bullets are amazing in the .348 Model 71 Winchester. My last moose went south
to a well-placed 270 gr Hawk flat point (348 Ackley Imp). The Model 71s are increasingly popular in Canada and Alaska because of bears that show up
regularly at kill sites. No bolt action can keep up with a smooth 1886 or Model 71 in experienced hands for repeat shots. Fast handling can be critical in
close bear encounters.

"The credit belongs to the man who is actually in the arena-not the critic"-T. Roosevelt
There are no atheists in fox holes or in the open doors of a para's aircraft.....