I had two doe/fawn tags and was shooting backup for a SIL. We had been watching it for a while wondering why it didn't run off and were speculating it was wounded. SIL took a shot at 200-ish yards and the antelope ran off. There was a 20mph wind (per weather report) at our back and the antelope was running away from us, with a noticeable limp, at a slight quartering angle to us and the wind. I shot at about 300 yards with two feet windage. We both heard the "whump" of a hit and the antelope went down a few yards later.

Turns out SIL had missed. There was an old (a day or two we were guessing) open wound below the neck where the hide and hair were gone in an area the size of a baseball. The blood in the area had dried into a big scab. My shot hit behind the ribs and blew up the liver. 110g AB @ 3163fps from my Roberts.

The right front leg was obviously infected but did not smell of gangrene, Nevertheless, we left it for the coyotes. The rest is being processed by Steve's Meat Market in Arvada (CO) and will go to the Denver Rescue Mission.

Last edited by Coyote_Hunter; 10/10/17. Reason: spelnig and correction to right leg not left

Coyote Hunter - NRA Patriot Life, NRA Whittington Center Life, GOA, DAD - and I VOTE!

No, I'm not a Ruger bigot - just an unabashed fan of their revolvers, M77's and #1's.

A good .30-06 is a 99% solution.