Originally Posted by smokepole
[i][/i]
Originally Posted by Coyote_Hunter
Originally Posted by mtnsnake
No too small horns.

If I was shooting for horns, I would agree.

As I wrote, this was a mercy kill with doe/fawn tags. We suspected the antelope might be wounded but didn't know for sure until it ran off with detectable limp. Even then we didn't know it it had been wounded previously of if my SIL's shot wounded it. At 200 yards my assumption was a wounding shot by my SIL. It was only later, when dressing the animal, that we discovered he had missed completely.

Regardless, it was legal for my doe/fawn tags and I was shooting backup. Assuming it had been wounded by my SIL, letting it run off or trying to stop it was the issue - at least for me. At 300 yards on a limping run, slightly quartering away with a two-foot hold into the wind, I wasn't certain I would even hit it. But I felt that, under the circumstances, trying was better than not.

Had SIL not taken a shot I would agree with you - no shot - but not for the same reasons. I had helped everyone else tag out and wanted SIL to do so before I tried. Would have been happy to let the youngster go as I wanted an adult doe (or two).

This one is currently being processed at Steve's Meat Market in Arvada and is going to the Denver Rescue Mission after I pick it up this coming on Monday.

I don't get it. If it was legal and ethical in your mind, why the cryptic thread title and 20 questions routine?

Attention?