Originally Posted by MZ5
Interesting, JG. What particular attributes stand out to you? As I recall from other posts, you're oriented strongly toward hunting, correct? The application I have in mind would be almost exclusively hunting. In AZ, mind, so maybe fairly close in or maybe further away. Maybe broad daylight or maybe as late as I can legally shoot.

You are right in that I'm primarily just a hunter who doesn't twist much. Probably why I've liked my Leupold's so well, and they have been very effective for the way I hunt. I only twist when target shooting, or when hulling at 'yotes and hogs.

Optically, the Toric is stupid-good. I can't remember what our own MD's night time resolution test said but I'd bet it's top shelf.

I particularly like the plex reticle (I'm old school though, and would likely call it a #4), and how easy it is to manage in poor light, with the bold wires coming close together. That is particularly important to my 56 yr old eyes.

I also like the audible, very distinct clicks of the turrets.

The zero stop mechanism included with the other turret set that comes with the scope is very ingenius, easy to put together, and very effective. I like zero stops very much anyway and this is a good one.

I like the euro focus mechanism, as it is very smooth, as well as the magnification dial.....buttery smooth.

Just the overall impression is that it is very well built.

The only dislike I have is that when on 15x, eye relief and positioning gets very critical. It's very usable, but critical. The least bit of movement causes blackouts, etc.

BobbyTomek, we'll just have to agree to disagree on the VX6/SwaroA comparison. I can't see a difference. The Vx6 gets me way past legal light and that's really all I care about. The VX6 duplex is also far superior to any Swaro I've seen personally, but Swaro may have changed things up recently.

Last edited by JGRaider; 10/10/17.

It is irrelevant what you think. What matters is the TRUTH.