Originally Posted by JCMCUBIC
The Toric in a 6x42 with no AO would be great. A little lighter, a little brighter, and a little more reliable. If the 2-10x42 holds up and the 6x42 is cut from the same cloth I'm in for several.

Originally Posted by Mule Deer
Why bother with an adjustable objective. Very few shooters want them anymore, instead preferring a side-adjustment knob--but the present Euro-style quick-focus ring on the back of the Tract ocular bells would provide sufficient parallax precision for a 6x scope.

As for the market for a 6x scope, a recent survey of western big game hunters found that 6x scopes rank only slightly behind 3-9x/3-10x scopes as an overall choice--even for "long range" hunters. There are a couple of reasons for this. First, in modern scopes with larger eyepieces, field-of-view isn't a problem for 6x scopes even at very close ranges. Second, using a fixed-power scope bypasses all the problems of reticle size, whether first or second focal-plane.

Personally, if Tract offered 6x's that work as well as the 3-15x I've been testing, I'd put 'em on several rifles.

Yes, I should have stated it as "no parallax adjustment" rather than "no AO". Unless it's going on a rimfire it's not needed on a 6x for hunting.

I'm really liking the Tplex along with the Toric's low profile turret. The horizontal windage marks that are on the BDC might be useful for holding windage and wouldn't clutter the view to much while still allowing the reticle to be unbroken with no open spots....not a major issue either way. The basic Tplex is nice for a hunting scope that's going to be dialed.