I have never shot a bear, so take what I say as just another guy with 35 cal experience. I have only killed game with the 35 Whelen Ackley ( though I have played with .35 Rem, .357 rifle,.358 win, .350 mag and 358NM) and I killed all kinds of Plains game with the original 250X and 200X from the AI. I only shot one Eurasian hog ( up in your town! Raging Russians! :)) with a 310 Woodleigh rn going 2400fps. It was perfect, 40cal hole in, 75 cal hole out, soup in between. I sent some 225 Woodleigh round nose to a friend in Texas who used them in his standard Whelen on hogs with outstanding results. IF I was going to use the 350 mag, I think I'd try the 225 Woodleigh round nose or even the 225 round nose Hawk Precision bullet. I shot bookoo fireforming loads with the Speer 220FN in that AI and some loads in that 350mag, it too would be a good candidate, in my "lack of bear experience" mind, ha. I loved the UP! Except for a few plants differences, it looked just like the East Texas I grew up in! Of course, I wasn't there during cold, snowy winter, but early spring. have a ball Pard!

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 10/16/17.