Originally Posted by drover
Originally Posted by T_Inman
My Swaro 8.5x42 ELs have frozen solid on me, as has my ATM 65mm spotter. I couldn't adjust the focus on either or the bridge on the binos. That said, when functioning they're CRYSTAL clear, and won't strain your eyes at all.

When it gets really cold or rainy, I leave the ELs home and either take my 10X Zeiss or my 10X Steiner Peregrines instead. I will put up with the "reduced" clarity for the more reliable function.

Give Swaro a call, they will give you a Return Authorization number, send them in and in a few weeks you will have a binocular that cannot be told from new.
I have sent my EL's and SLC's in for a checkup and the turn-around time was right at a month, they came back with new skin, and the latest updates including the latest lens - all at no cost. IMO they have the best customer service in the business.

I spent a lot of time looking at high dollar glass before I sprung for the Swaro and I have absolutely no regrets with them, probably the best money I ever spent on a sporting goods item.

drover

That is a huge benefit to something like binos that will get used/ potentially abused and banged around and cost more than many medical procedures. a true "lifetime product" now what will I do to get there?