well I found a local shop that had them all today at a pretty steep discount. not the current models with the goofy strap adapters, but the ones with a loop built into the armor and with "Swarovision" so I am guessing some new old stock models from around 2013/2014 all about 15-20% off. PM me if you want the name of the shop.

I tried

10x42
8.5x42
8x32

They were really pushing the 8x32's they had lots in stock and only 1 each of the other 2 (price and performance made it a close call) but I ended up coming home with the 8.5x42 pair. They were the crispest from 180 yards to a mile to my eyes. and I love the open bridge ergonomics, and the rolling ball effect I noticed at first but after 2-3 minutes of looking through them I totally forgot about it and didn't notice it. I also love the locking diopter adjustment. The depth of field is so great on these it's hard to get the diopter dialed in because it all looks so dang good, but I know where my eyes are and can usually get it within 10% of my final setting before even looking through the bino's.

Happy camper, can't wait to glass some fur with these things this season!