I saw the rolling ball initially but after a few minutes of use I don't even notice it now, in my current hunting/ usage I don't do alot of panning, being able to "look around in the picture" that the swarovision allows is well worth the extra expense and slight distraction that it might cause me.

I think that I saw it more in the 8x32 and the 10x42 models I looked through, maybe with the 8.5x42 my eyes were dialated smaller than the exit pupil (mid-morning on a very bright day looking into the same direction as the sun) removing some of it. If that theory is correct, the 10x50mm versions would have even less with their larger exit pupil.

I went out last night and this morning and played with them some more and it took alot of work at zero light to get the diopter locked in just perfectly, I had to use 2 branches at about 90 yards away they were hanging down about 1/2" apart and were thinner than a pencil, and I had to uplight them so their background was black and they were light gray/ white and get the left eye focused in and then adjust the right diopter to see 2 branches instead of 1-.5" thick branch. This was about 30 minutes before sunrise.

I also took some time at lunch to go outside and look around, saw a few butterflies while scouting for birds, and followed them around in the sky at about 60-70 yards. No issues with rolling ball chasing them in all their erratic flight patterns. I feel for those who have issues with it, this glass is amazing.

I can't wait to look at fur and antler with these things!!!!