Originally Posted by wyoming260
Originally Posted by buffybr
Originally Posted by comerade
I have a slightly different attitude about this.I worked as a game guide in my younger days and simply was not impressed. The last hunter I ever had flew in from the arctic having killed # 28 , a polar bear and now was to find a Shiras moose with me. Well, we got a decent Bull right away and he didn't appear to enjoy any of It, didn't care for the Rocky Mountain scenery and even mentioned that the Polar.bear hunt was uninteresting. This guy just wanted SCI to award him . I Don't think he even liked being outside at all and he was no help getting that bull out of the bush, I caped it and promptly took him to the airport.Bye.

Unfortunately there are people like that and they have the audacity of calling themselves hunters.

Having worked in a couple of camps, I would say the percentage of these " Hunters" is rare around here. But they exist. I would not call these so much hunters as I would call them shooters. They rarely have input on strategy , unless it is too difficult, and fully expect the guides to "Do their Job!!!" Not my idea of great camp mates usually either.............
Yeah, these type of people are rare but I have seen a few while working for different outfitters. I cannot believe they are not giddy, thrilled to hunt under these conditions.I Don't believe folks like this even look at the mountain peaks. I was raised in them and often look at them in disbelief they are so awesome!