Originally Posted by shrapnel
Originally Posted by buffybr
Originally Posted by shrapnel

Living in Montana, you don't have to go anywhere else to find something to hunt. I have been fortunate enough to kill all the "Big Ten" in Montana. The best part is you can almost do it every year...

Yes we are very fortunate to have 10 (WT Deer, M Deer, RM Elk, B Bear, Mtn Lion, Mtn Goat, BH Sheep, S Moose, Buffalo, and Antelope) of the North American 29 Big Game animals here in Montana. If these are the "Big Ten" that you have killed, then Congratulations.

Licenses for the first 5 animals that I listed and archery Antelope in some units are available every year. You can also buy a bighorn Sheep license in one of the 5 unlimited units, but if you kill a ram you have to wait 7 years before you can apply for another tag. The odds of drawing a Goat, Moose, or Buffalo tag are very low, and if you do draw a Goat or Moose tag, you have to wait 7 years before you can apply again.

So realistically you can hunt 6 of the 10 Montana big game animals every year. That's almost doing it every year. laugh

Buffalo wasn't included in the 10, Grizzly bear was, and I do have both...

I think I see what you've done here, but man...that sure was a round about way of doing business. I guess a guy could add woodland caribou despite there being no season...since the Idaho herd occasionally crosses (or at least did) from the Selkirks into extreme NW Montana.

Congrats on those critters and glad to see you posting again! I've got max points for goat and sheep, with no tag in sight...

I've hunted critters in New Zealand, Argentina and Africa, and sometimes wonder if I should have put that money towards a dall or stone sheep hunt instead...decisions, decisions...