Originally Posted by wyoming260
Just curious , is it still legal to hunt Jaguar anywhere???????

I don't believe that it is legal to kill a Jaguar anywhere. And if you did, the USFWS would not allow you to import it into the States. There may be countries that would allow you to dart a Jaguar "for scientific purposes" like Jim Shockey did on one of his shows.

I also just use the SCI and GSC/O lists to learn what animals are available because I like to hunt new animals and new areas.

I ran into a couple of "list" guys on a couple of my African hunts.

The first guy came with his PH (guide) to the concession that I was hunting so he could shoot an Eland. I talked to him after he shot his Eland, and he told me that he had become very successful in his business
and although he had not done very much hunting at home, his new found friends from his business told him he should go on an African hunt and gave him a list of animals that he should shoot. He said that he didn't have any idea what any of the animals were, and after he shot the Eland he was anxious to get on to the next animal on his list.

The other guy was a retired airline pilot who was big into the SCI slams. He was with the other guide on the concession that I was hunting. I would see and talk to this hunter at and after dinners. He was after one or two small African cats and a Hyena that he "needed" for one or more SCI slams. He "had" to get them on that hunt so that he could register them in time for the awards at the next SCI convention. He left that camp several days before I did, and in talking with his guide afterward, his guide just laughed and told me that this guy only cared about shooting these animals for his slams. The guide told me that when they found some Hyenas, the guy was so obsessed in just killing a Hyena that he didn't wait for the old male and just quickly shot the first one that came into the clear.

I was at a sport show last winter in Las Vegas where that guide had a booth. Even though he had not been my guide, and it had been 10 years since I had hunted at his concession, he saw me before I got to his booth and he came out to greet me and acted like we were long lost best friends.

SAVE 200 ELK, KILL A WOLF

NRA Endowment Life Member