A couple of points. How do you know that the coyote you killed the second time,s the same one that wouldn't come in the first time? That is hard to tell. It likely was a different one you killed. As a govt trapper I have to key in on certain coyotes, that are killing livestock,and I have to kill em case closed. If I screw it up, then I have to figure out a different method to kill em,because they are just going to keep killing livestock. By Feb and march I am dealing with a lot of coyotes that have been called multiple times, often by people that aren't very good at it. Many of these coyotes will pop up at 300 to 500 yds and just look. No sound, nothing. Then they leave, or circle down wind. I have my rifle,set up for this,a d with a ton of practice,can get a first shot hit on a broad side coyote about 80% of the time at 500yds. Took me 2years of practice to get here(and a very accurate rifle). I still miss one out there once in a while,but I kill a good handful of coyotes every year that are educated,and killing livestock at ranges between 350 and 550. Well worth it. Also,you would be surprised at the number of smart coyotes that sneak in an hour to an hour and a half after you quit calling to look around.