I feel like I have to try and get the point across that I seem to have failed misserably at the first time.

When I'm calling coyotes and I have one hang up at 400 yards, I think what did I do wrong and it is a much lower percentage shot than having him at 100 yards. What can I do to correct it, I know how he is going to react when he hears the caller, he isn't affraid of the sound just the situation. I have the option of trying the shot or coming back and changing the situation to my advantage, I opt to come back, I learn a lot everytime I get to out smart a coyote. So for me a 400 yard CALLED coyote is a failed stand.

A story about a farmer in Neceda, WI back in the 1950's they had special archery deer season on the refuge and archers from all over would be there. One of the local farmers painted a bullseye on the side of his mule, his comment, "If they are dumb enought to shoot at a mule the odds of them hitting the bullseye are pretty slim". I will say that I heard the story second hand at the Alexandrian Bar in town.

Now my ex father in law was working a check station in SE MN when a hunter pulled in with a Brown Swiss calf tied to the hood.

Last edited by erich; 11/05/17.

After the first shot the rest are just noise.

Make mine a Minaska

Heaven has walls and rules, H-ll has open borders