Originally Posted by troutfisher13111
I’m potentially planning a trip to Anticosti island for a November deer hunt. Can anyone give any advice or recommendations? Guide, dates to go, anything that will help. Thanks

My wife and I are heading back up on November 16th. Will be heading back on November 25th. So far this year I have heard nothing good. My hunt is a 4 day hunt, 11/21,22,23,and 24th. ALWAYS the same 4 days for my wife and me. The reports I am getting are all from a new SIX day hunt offering. The 6 day hunts have all taken place in September and October and the weather has been very warm. Not many bucks have been seen and the doe sightings have been down as well. This is really not surprising to me. The other thing is that most of the guys hunted the same way they would in November. They find a blind or a tree stand and park in it for hours on end. Even on Anticosti, if you REALLY want a deer, you better be prepared to hunt for it. I walk allot, and when I find a spot with abundant activity, I will sit a spell.

I use Sepaq Anticosti. There are several other outfitters. Lac Genevieve, and Safari Anticosti are tow that come to mind. I just started out with Sepaq and stuck with them.

You being from upstate NY the hunting will be VERY similar. Good luck.

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5