Originally Posted by BIG_JOE
I've hunted Anticosti every year since 1991 missing only four years. I can recommend Sepaq Anticosti. I've found few things that I didn't like but in the big picture they don't really matter thatmuch. Things like when they changed the November hunts from 6 days to 4. I always go American plan guided and the food is above average. It cost more than the European plan but when I get back to the lodge I want to kick back and not have to cook. This year I went in Sept for the first time. It was not easy hunting, saw few deer and ended up going home with one doe. Of the six of us four bucks, three does and two hunters skunked. If I had gone home without a deer it would have still been a good trip. I don't go there for meat. I can buy a lot for the price. I go because I always have a good time even the year I rolled over the ATV! It's a beautiful island and the ability to hunt without other hunters, bird watchers, dog walkers interrupting you is priceless. Those of you who come from densely populated states like Connecticut know what I mean. I am booked for next year again. I miss hunting with LBK but I had to go for the 6 days. LBK bonne chance.

So, if I understand what you've written, for you a hunting trip to Anticosti Island is done more for the experience and the social interaction with you hunting party, while harvesting a deer not an important or necessary outcome?