There are some guys that take some awfully long shots (at least to me it seems) of 300+ yards. All of my deer except one have been 125 yards and less. The one deer was over 100 was a doe at 225 yards. It was the last day of the hunt. My wife was back at the lodge tagged out. The guide, myself and 2 other were on 4 wheelers travelling up the Platte River bed. I was last in line. The guide spotter a deer about 350 yards out. BOTH of the other hunters wanted to pass because it was early in the morning and this was the first deer on a bitter cold morning. The guide came back to me and I told him I would try it but I wanted to be closer. He agreed and let me lead the stock. I went over to the far edge of the river on foot with the guide in tow. We went towards the deer. The deer kept it's head down and kept feeding. As long as the head was down, We stopped a couple times to look. I kept closing the distance. Finally we came to a grass covered outcropping with a few small trees on it. We kept the cover between us and the deer. I didn't even know it the deer was still there. I was on my belly, crawling. I got the the far side and lifted my head to look. It was still there but with the head up. The guide ranged the deer and said 225. I was using a Savage 99EG in .308 Win. I had a Leupold Vari-X II 2x7 and aimed dead on. I fired and the deer dropped so fast, I didn't see it. The guide was happy as a clam. He offered up to me that in that hunt he learned allot about me. He learned that I do NOT shoot without being reasonably certain I can make the shot

NRA Endowment Life Member (and proud of it)

Nowadays people know the price of everything and the value of nothing.

Wise men speak because they have something to say; fools because they have to say something. - Plato

Deuteronomy 22:5