Purchased the RAR from Cabella's, not the threaded Predator with a heavier barrel, just the standard RAR. Came as a package deal with a Vortex Crossfire II 3-9x40 scope cost right at $440. Haven't fired factory ammo through it, I started reloading for it the night I picked it up. 42 grains of Power Pro 2000 MR prints 120 AMAX's in <1/2" at 100 yards, 39 grains of H414 prints 140 grain Nosler HPBT in one ragged hole and IMR 4064 is showing promise with the 123 grain Nosler HPBT. I found the AMAX's on the shelf at Murdoch's by accident and I can get the Nosler's for $19/box at Sportsman's currently. For being a short barrel rifle (22") I can push 2900+ with 120s, 2800+ with 130s, and 2700+ with 140s all pretty easily.

Never had a plastic stock rifle shoot this well, ever. I did drop a 1.5# lead ingot in the butt stock and foamed it back up, not that it kicks hard but just to tame the jump some. Plan to put a Boyd's on it eventually, maybe Mrs. Claus will be good to me this year. All in all I'm very impressed with the RAR. The SA, the three lug bolt, 70 degree bolt throw, all make for a fast compact little rifle. I also have an RAR in 243 which has been my under the seat truck gun for the last year, for coyotes and such. I plan to get the 6mm CM in the RAR Predator eventually, not that I need it already having a 243, but just because I'm a Rifle Looney and that's how we do.

Shooter's Edge
FFL in Western CO