Originally Posted by Sportsdad60
My opinion--Don't get pissed at me.:)

Scopes for game is cheating.

Iron sights (Buckhorn or Peep) is hunting/getting close enough for a good clean shot. I've never hunted game with a scope.

Scopes---For hunting humans or bench rest shooting/competition.

(Sportsdad gets soap box kicked out from under him as a crowd rushes the podium)

Nothing wrong with your train of thought....BUT.... I love the extra 15-20 minutes in the morning and late evening that optics bring to the table. Legal shooting time in Michigan is 1/2 hour before, 1/2 hour after sunset. If cloudy overcast conditions are in the equation, add to the 15 - 20 minutes. I have taken a couple deer that without the light gathering of the optics would not have been in the freezer. I most certainly love my peep sights, and feel as comfortable out to 100 yards or so as scoped but appreciate the extended viewing time at potentially the best times to spot the bigg ens.

Should be in Gladstone in the beautiful upper Tuesday afternoon to prep for opening morning. Good luck to all y'all Michiganders. Be safe and successful.

Last edited by oldotter; 11/11/17.

"Its easier to fool people......Than convince them that they have been fooled." Mark Twain