Originally Posted by Gus
Originally Posted by The_Real_Hawkeye
Originally Posted by gregintenn
I'm still trying to figure out Melchizedek. confused

He was the original priest appointed by God. The Hebrew priesthood started by Moses was a different line of priesthood. Jesus is a priest according to the order of Melchizedek.

there it is again: the order of melchizedek.

Originally Posted by Ringman
Originally Posted by Jim in Idaho
That said, to me whether he was or wasn't doesn't detract one iota from the value of the teachings of the man Jesus of Nazareth.

There have been many "great teachers" over the millennia. What makes Jesus different and standout is His resurrection from the dead.

he wasn't really dead, was he? i mean a lowly human, even a jew or roman surrogate can't kill a true god, can they? if so, how? seriously, the story needs to be addressed in current terms & understandings.
It's the body that dies. We all have a soul that will live on, either in heaven or hell. There are no other choices. It can't be avoided. Jesus also died physically, and brutally. His spirit lived on and he's God almighty. His body came back to life with his spirit in it.
It's almost impossible for our human minds to comprehend how God can be 3 in one but he is exactly that.

If Mary wasn't a virgin when Jesus was born, then the Bible lied. If the Bible lied, then all of Christianity is a lie as it relies on the infallibility of the Bible.

β€œIn a time of deceit telling the truth is a revolutionary act.”
― George Orwell

It's not over when you lose. It's over when you quit.