I have a CZ 550 American Safari Magnum in 458 Lott. I like the rifle and, also unlike many, like the set trigger when it works right. I have no regrets that it doesn't have a brake or that it's in 458 Lott rather than 458 Winchester Magnum. Any you can put 5 rounds in the magazine and close the bolt. Now for a list of the negatives:

1. The CZ 550 rifles in the heavy recoiling cartridges have a reputation for cracking wood stocks if they don't have crossbolts. I had the action in mine glass bedded which the gunsmith said should work fine. I've had no problems with the stock so far. Given the choice, I'd probably go with a composite stock.

2. A screw became loose that holds the trigger to the action. First the gun discharged when I set the trigger (an unpleasant surprise). Then the gun started discharging when the bolt was closed (downright dangerous). I was going to change the trigger but the one Timney sent me didn't fit and they said it was the only one they made for my gun so, I put Lock Tite on the screw and hopefully won't have more problems.

3. CZ 550 rifles sometimes need a little work to make them feed smoothly. If I were going after dangerous game with mine, I'd probably have a little work done since feeding isn't as smooth as I'd like but it feeds well enough for the dangerous Whitetail Deer I'll be hunting with it this year (LOL). Now my Blaser R 93 feeds smooth as snot.