Well, based on your latest response, I believe you're on the right track with the Whitworths. Yes, you can coat the blued steel and yes you can find a synthetic stock to put on it. That will almost equate to an all-weather gun. Of course, like you say, a blued/wood stock rifle, properly cared for, can do just fine. Not like no one ever hunted before stainless rifles showed up. I understand also about your desire for a .458. I've got several .375s and my .416, but still have a hankering for a .458 someday. I'd get the Lott as well, or have it converted to the Lott, just because! Good luck in your search!

Oh yeah...I forgot to mention that the CZ set trigger can be adjusted so that the factory trigger becomes a single stage trigger and you can set it for a hunting pull weight of 3 lbs. or so. I'm also positive that you can get a synthetic stock for them as well, so I wouldn't necessarily write the CZ off. The action and barrel might weigh a bit more than the Whitworth, but I wouldn't think it would be that much more.