When i first talked to God:
I never mention the following for many many years, years before i saw books and others talking about the very same experience.
age 15 i was envoved in a motorcycle accident that should have killed me.
with an illegal immigrant.
net result was my right lower leg was broken in three places, ankle crushed, i tried to stand up and pushed my crushed ankle up to where your knee normally is, cracked my skull, and tore a lot of skin off my face.
what saved me was a nurse, and in the hospital within minutes, and my doctor happened to be there when i arrived. He was a WWII trauma surgeon that knew what he was doing.
I remember floating around above my body while they were working on me, and I remember going down along this tunnel trying to get to this warm happy place on the other side. A voice said to me, ronald, you have to go back, it is not your time, you have unfinished business. And I remember getting sucked back into my body. There was a guy in the room, in for a hernia operation, I saw him dieing. Got my father to get them to move me. Next day this guy dies on the operating table.
Now i have heard all kinds of explanations, oxygen starvation, drugs, and so on, but it was very real and i never talked about the experience for years. I now like to say I was arguing with God, as I wanted to cross over, but was unhappy when i was sent back.
A lot of things that happened later i think back to that unfinished business part, it was true.
I am a small c Catholic, but I do believe there is a guiding light for lack of better words. An i have had to deal with death for many years in family, clients, and so on. You either believe or don't, matters not to me. But go through what I did, it would be hard to be a unbeliever.

THE BIRTH PLACE OF GERONIMO