Years ago I was hunting deer on my own property and was lucky enough to take a deer on the first day of the season. I set about doing field dressing with my prized custom drop point hunter. Got the deer dragged out and loaded on the pickup. Must have set the knife on the tailgate of the pickup. Got home and no knife. Went back and retraced every step. Did that a few more times and finally gave up.

5 years later my wife and I were out at the property shooting some targets in anticipation of the coming deer season. We were walking across the filed towards a target when Linda yelled out that she had something stuck to her shoe. Sure enough, she had stepped on the knife. The blade actually went right between her toes.

Unfortunately the very beautiful stag handle was ruined, and there were a few pits in the blade even though it is a 154 CM stainless blade. So I invested a few bucks to have it cleaned up and a new handle installed. I still use that knife today, but have not yet purchased a replacement sheath for it.