Originally Posted by Calvin
Originally Posted by 30338
Back on topic, now that seasons are underway is anyone rolling anything with the 147 ELD-M. My only M experience was with a 7mm 180 and wasn't a fan. Curious as I have a stack of the 147s.

Reports too on the 143 ELDX too..

Wow! What a thread.

I posted some data from using 143gr ELD-X in another thread here. They have been performing great for me. I’ve shot 9 animals with them this year and last. I’m starting them at 2,947fps from a .260AI.

I hate to poke the bear, but some facts about shooting at distance take time and experience to learn. By the way, I’m over 25 years old and do not live in my mom's basement.

I tell guys that want to learn distance shooting to buy a good rifle in a reasonable chambering, a decent scope, some steel and 1,000-1,500 rounds of ammo or components. Get it zeroed at 200 yards then get off the bench! Shoot from field positions in field conditions, like rain, snow and wind.

Shooting a few good groups out of MANY that are shot is not very impressive. Being able to - pull up, range your target, calculate the environmental conditions and make a first round hit is the goal.

There is a lot of good experience and knowledge here. Asking good questions and listening to the answers seems like a good plan.

Bob

I met a French guy the other day. I asked him "Do you speak German?" He said "No." I said "You're welcome!"