Actually, yes.

I had a tang safety 35 Whelen that failed to eject on a hunt. Put the first shot into an elk (taking out the heart as it turned out) and since he was still on all fours and didn't know he would be dead in a few seconds, I wanted to bust a shoulder. The empty fell back on top of the next round resulting in a fail to feed. Dropped the rifle from my shoulder, saw the problem and tilted the rifle to roll the empty out. Still managed to make a second shot and bust the off side shoulder but it could have become a rodeo.

Turned out that the extractor didn't hold tight enough on the rim and slipped when the ejector's plunger tried to do it's thing. Ruger replaced the extractor and ejector components. They also screwed up the mag box while they were at it (rough filing marks on it after which it rattled around - now too short when it had fit properly before) and chastised me for the XS sight install (performed by a machinist that does aerospace work), and free floated McMillan stock. Never mind it shot much better than originally (the original walnut stock had split in the wrist and the bedding was poor), they now considered the rifle damaged but would fix it anyway.

I consider the extractor issue a fluke and they repaired it for free but was a bit surprised by the surliness of the fellow in the repair department. You would have thought I painted a mustache on the Mona Lisa or something by 'altering' the rifle with a McMillan stock and a perfectly installed ghost ring sight. Hopefully their gunsmith's attitude was a fluke too.