Originally Posted by VaHillbilly
I hunted with Ruger bolt action rifles exclusively for several years and never had any problems, they aren't the most accurate rifles but id say they are as bombproof as any bolt rifle ever built......Good luck....Hb

Agree.

My Ruger 77 MK II All Weather in 280 Remington kept my family fed for many years. Once, as I stroked the bolt to load, I felt a slowing of the stroke & noticed the S.S. action was so full of ATV trail dust that it was brown. It should have bound up & quit. Instead, it put a trophy Axis on the ground. Once, I left the gun outside in the overnight freezing rain. The action was frozen tight. I carried it to the rear of the ATV and used the exhaust to thaw it out.

Like VaHillbilly said, "bombproof as any rifle ever built". That gun was dropped three times in one weekend & never missed an intended target. It once was launched off the ATV about 12' after the barrel caught the gate post as I was riding thru.

The gun sits prominently in my safe having been decomissioned for more fancy toys.

By the way, in case you missed it, Jeremiah was a bullfrog.