Originally Posted by Dogger
My guess is no... never. So... ... ... ...

I suppose this is Campfire Heresy... but I am thinking of spending the synthetic stock 6.5 Creed $$ on a walnut& blue M77 Hawkeye in 30-06 with a Leupie FXII 6x36 LRD in Ruger medium rings and Federal Premium ammo and go hunting...

Nope, never a failure while hunting. I've had them fail right out of the box, but that was a factory issue and those rifles were sent back for repair. If a rifle is going to fail, it will be at the range where I run them through their paces. As of this date, I've had most newer rifles fail at the range. This would include many rem 700's, 722's, weatherby vanguards, Remington 788 and Winchester 100 and a newer BACO model 70. My best advice is take your rifles to the range at least once a week and make sure they aren't going to fail you in the woods, where you will need and depend on it the most. I'd trust my life on a good ol Ruger m77, as long as it's proven itself at the range.

[Linked Image]

Nothing wrong with hunting a good ol blued wood stocked m77. This was my elk hunting buddy for years...

Originally Posted by raybass
I try to stick with the basics, they do so well. Nothing fancy mind you, just plain jane will get it done with style.
Originally Posted by Pharmseller
You want to see an animal drop right now? Shoot him in the ear hole.

BSA MAGA