Originally Posted by Blackheart
According to the campfire's resident expert there are NO hunting scopes currently on the market that will reliably hold zero, track or return to zero. If you want a scope that will, you'll have to buy a big, heavy, tactical scope with a reticle that looks like some punk scratched graffiti all over your objective lens.

Pretty funny! But there's a germ of truth there. A lot of hunters, including me, don't want a large bulky scope that weighs 24 oz or so on their hunting rifles. If you are a dedicated dial twister maybe a large heavy scope is the best way to go, but for most of us, set and forget scopes handle hunting needs well and I do like multi-point reticles so that I have real aiming points for longer shots.

I have a bunch of Leupolds that have served me well and I'm still using them successfully. However, I've been branching out to try some other brands as well. I've had good luck with Burris Fullfield II's and also with Weaver V16's on my rimfires. I even have an SWFA 10X on a precision AR-15 which I like. So it depends on what the rifle will be used for. But I'm not throwing out the babies with the bathwater yet.