Originally Posted by seattlesetters
Yep. Apparently, the only scopes that work are those preferred by tacti-cool mall ninjas who live in their parents’ basements and play video games. If it doesn’t have a tactic-cool name like “NIGHTFORCE” or “SUPER SNIPER” it will not work in the woods or on the plains or in the bushveldt.

to the original poster, the NF SHV 3-10 x 42 with a forceplex reticle is a 20 ounce device, while the Leupold 3xi 3.5-10 x 42 is a 13.5 ounce device, wonder why the extra weight?. There is a lot of misplaced emotion out there regards hunting optics however people who are objective understand the logic behind an aiming device that simply does what its supposed to do without hiccups. I have broken Kahles, Zeiss, Leupold, and one 1-4 SWFA scope. I have chased my tail trying to sight a rifle in and questioned my sanity trying everything to figure out "why I or the rifle" did not shoot or could not shoot. Now that I own 3 rifle scopes that are simply right, I am educated as to what "right" is and why I don't want to guess or hunt with something I lack confidence in. Of all the rifle scopes that I have broken, Leupold is the only brand that has broken on its own (4), and (sold one mdl 7 308 with one on it because it would not shoot) without me dropping it.

Remember where there is smoke then there is probably fire, don't let anyone that "does not know what they don't know" talk you into wasting your money. I need a new scope for a deer rifle and am going to put a 20 ounce SHV on a Kimber Montana next year. Why "guess" and lose confidence in your skills or your rifle when you can be sure for $800.00