Originally Posted by elkslayer53
Can't afford the $400 + boots and $250 is a stretch, but thought if somebody had a good boot bargain recommendation they could pass it on. Used for easy terrain whitetail hunts, spring turkey, walking the hills coyote hunting, and an occasional elk hunt. Bought some of the Vietnam "Meindl" ultralights from Cabelas a year ago and they are already leaking. Didn't realize they were made in Vietnam when I bought them UGGG. Looked at the Danner 452/453 and they are made in CHINA. Realize I won't get an American made boot in my budget but thought I would see what some of you guys thought. Thanks in advance.

I had a pair of the Meindl ultralights also... mine leaked also, and I really liked them except that LEAKING part. (they got stolen on my way to elk hunting this fall). Anyway, I returned them to Cabelas, thinking I had a flawed pair and got another pair. I don't remember if I took a chance on them leaking or if I treated them first. Anyway I treated the 2nd pair with "Obenauf's Heavy Duty LP" that solved the leaking issue.

I'm back in the market for boots again and I may end up with the ultralights again and if I do I will promptly treat them as well.

"...buzzards gota eat same as worms" Josey Wales
NRA lifer
Hunting is Conservation
RMEF Member